We demand a Clean Thames, delivered…
- as soon as possible – waiting another 10-15 years is not an option!
- at a cost affordable to all;
- delivered in the most sustainable way;
- leveraging intelligent 21st century green infrastructure, enabling a long term legacy of substantial ancillary benefits such as:
- drought mitigation as rainwater infiltrates back and recharges aquifers, as nature intended; also emphasizing rainwater harvesting
- flooding mitigation by preventing stormwater from running down impervious surfaces
- climate change mitigation through greening, as opposed to antiquated “hard engineering” solutions which exacerbate it
- cleaner air as trees absorb noxious pollution and CO2 and release oxygen
- nicer neighbourhoods: who doesn’t prefer trees and green roofs to sewage columns, lorries and concrete?
- a sustainable, local, green industry: our economy needs it badly!
Please take a look at the issues in need of attention, then read about our proposed solutions. If you’re wondering why Green Infrastructure is the superior solution to achieve a Clean Thames, read “the controversy“…
- We’re continuously updating this site with more information. Please DO get in touch if you’re interested or would like to contribute…
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
(attributed to Edmund Burke)